March 5, 2012

Made it back to work today... and oh what a memorable day!! There I was, chasing little kids around and taking pictures as usual. I sat down on the concrete steps trying to convince a toddler to come sit by me and play with Elmo when I noticed the steps felt unusually cold on my bum. I put my hand on my back pocket to find a big hole in my jeans right on my bum!! Oh no!! It wasn't anything I could really cover up with my shirt and no one had a jacket I could tie around my waist... so I got creative. I pulled out one of the thinner blankets we use for newborns, folded it in half and tied it around my waist. It looked like a really strange fashion statment. I asked Macy (who now works at FotoFly... surprise!) if it looked ridiculous. She said, "Well... it sort of looks like you're wearing a prayer shawl." Everyone laughed at me for the rest of the day. But you've gotta do what you've gotta do! Good times.
When I got home that night Eric thought it would be fun to "help me" retire the jeans. So he made the hole bigger, decided it was pretty fun, and soon the jeans were barely hanging on me. And that's when Bailey jumped in on the fun. Haha. Goodbye faithful jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment